So Sunday I went to the grocery store. I guess I've never disclosed on here that my wonderful, beautiful, talented hubby spoils me by doing most of the grocery shopping by himself. Isn't that great? And I believe I can thank my father-in-law for that inherited skill. He does ALL the grocery shopping. Anyhow...I occasionally go with my Mr., and on even rarer occasions....I go by myself.
My Mr. has learned that I am dangerous when I go by myself. Oreos, cheeses, brownie mixes, and other delicacies "find" my cart. And collide with it. in a major way. Also...budget? what's budget, precious??
Nonetheless, on Sunday, I went to the grocery store. alone. My Mr. is slaving away on his doctoral thesis paper, and I thought I would be the savior of the universe by taking the grocery burden on myself.
And it went really well. Except that when I got home, My Mr. asked me if I got lunch stuff.
"nope"
I DID buy sweet potatoes, though. I LOVE sweet potatoes. And I decided that I would stick them in the oven the second I got home, and I could eat sweet potatoes for lunch at work, fry sweet potato slices for our dinners, marry a sweet potato, etc.
I slid them babies in the oven, and carried on with my dinner making, crafting, and lazing around.
Last night, I was in knitting class, and all the ladies began talking about baked potatoes ( I know. The things estrogen festivals talk about. And guys think we gossip all the time!) . How they're delicious, but take far too long to make. I thought of my sweet potatoes. Of how I had diligently put them in the oven and then diligently...
LEFT THEM THERE!!!!
That's right. Smack dab in the middle of knitting class I had the revelation that those beloved taters were still sitting in the oven. For the fourth day. Oh yes, I turned the oven off. Just never got around to removing the taters! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
And that's when i realized that I am the best wife in the world. I deserve some kind of medal. I am the queen of forgetting food, discovering spoiled veggies & fruit, and not fixing dinner because I didn't feel like it.
Baby Hats for my godson
8 years ago

I LOVE it!!!!
ReplyDelete