Monday, November 15, 2010

Crimes against the piano

The other day I had to order printer cartridges for the library. So, I called up "Fluffycartridge" (aka...a pseudonymn for the cartridge company, in case they would like to remain anonymous) and was asked to hold. Sure! If that makes the day go by any faster!
As soon as they put me on hold, I got the, "we'll answer these in the order they are received" message, and then music.
Well, I cringe a little to call it music. What it should be called is...

piano rape.

The sounds that oozed out of the phone and into my ear were sounds of a tortured piano. In fact, I could really hear the piano screaming to get away! Practically every note had a full-keyboard arpeggio following it. The melody was sappy and...sappy. I just can't think of another word. just sappy!! but, sappy times four. or sappy squared! birdbrained! saccharine!! ICKY!!

And there I sat, part of me cringing and looking for a fork so I could jab my eyeballs with it. Then, the music stopped, and that announcer came on. "your call is important to us." And you know what??? I was irritated!!! Put the piano rape music back on!!!!

It was completely one of those experiences where you can't stand to look at it, but you can't peel your eyes off it, either. Except listening, not watching.

I hear such quality music ALL the time. From my Mr., from concerts we attend, from our recordings, etc. Suddenly this awful, criminal music was grotesquely fascinating, yet so wrong!!

2 comments:

  1. ... and that is the kind of "music" dustin grew up with (and sometimes still likes). *YACK!* and that is why (deservingly so) he thinks cricket is an AMAZING pee-an-ist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often ask a certain friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) to send me examples of the HORRIBLE poetry that she comes across. SCHADENFREUDE!!! I do love it SO!!

    ReplyDelete