Monday, November 22, 2010

ummmmm...

Does any of the following conversation I had with a co-worker just now strike you as odd??

Lars (name changed to protect the...umm): What's that you're listening to?
Me: Nutcracker.
Lars: Can you believe that I have NEVER seen the Nutcracker? I don't even have any idea what the plot is!!
Me: Golly Jeepers! Are you serious! I grew up seeing it every year (thanks Mom & Da!). But I perform in a production of it now, which is why I was listening to it just now. Mental practicing, you see.
Lars: You PLAY it?? Where?
Me: In the Longmont Symphony, with the Boulder ballet. I've done it for three years now, and it's a good production. You should see it. We play next weekend, etc.

this carries on for some time until:

Lars: So, where could I go see it, I wonder.
Me: ummm.
Lars: I'm sure there are several productions in the area.
Me: ummmmm. (did I just imagine the prior conversation??)

No comments:

Post a Comment