This is the rubber band ball at work. It has been in my office since before I worked there. This thing, has the strongest magnetic force known to man. It attracts boys. Like nothing else in the world. Any boy, no matter what age, finds this thing irresistible. Their eyes light up, a tractor beam pulls them to the rubber band planet, and they are smitten. It ALWAYS ALWAYS goes down like this:
Hypnotized boy: This thing is HUGE! I've never seen a rubber band ball this big!
Office Danielle: Oh really, okay. (turning back to paperwork or email in noticeably disinterested fashion)
Hypnotized boy: How long did it take to make this?
Office Danielle: I don't know. It was here before me.
Hypnotized boy: THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! (this is the sound the ball makes when it gets bounced on the floor. And EVERY boy in the universe must do this, apparently)
Office Danielle: (mild irritation)
Hypnotized boy: THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! (hugest, 2-year old grin ever possible)
Office Danielle: (rolling eyes)
Hypnotized boy: Are there more rubber bands I can add to it?
Office Danielle: Yes, over there, but I don't like to touch it, because it makes your hand smell like dirty rubber bands for 8 years.
You may think Office Danielle is an Office Grouch, but if you heard the dreaded, migraine-inducing THWACK! 7 gazillion times, and if you knew every boy you ever see in your office has to THWACK! it, you might be, too!
P.S. Even my own Mr. finds this THWACK!ing very enjoyable.

send it to me! Dara and I could use a boy magnet!
ReplyDelete