Thursday, May 19, 2011

icky icky icky


I may or may not have looked like this today as I walked to the bus:






Why, you ask???


Well, because the sidewalk to my bus may or may not have looked like this:


If there's one thing I can't stand (besides feet, poo poo curry, sitting next to screaming babies on airplanes, ugg boots, feet, and feet) it's walking on a worm-covered sidewalk after a rainstorm. I know that this veritable birdie buffet must be delightful for all things avian, but to me...it's disCUSTing!!!
Why they have to drag their ugly pink bodies out and beach themselves on my walking surface, instead of dying in the grass, I'll never know.
Oh, and one more thing....worms are gross because you don't know which side is the head. Did you just squish worm brains, or worm buttocks on the bottom of your shoe?? You could spend all morning worrying about that!
So, as I carefully dodge worm carcasses, look over my shoulder for the rapidly approaching bus, then skip to the side to avoid another pink blubber spot...I see...I see...a young mother and her toddler boy at the bus stop. And the mom...she starts...PICKING UP THE BEACHED WORMS!!! and throwing them in the grass. Ewwwwwww Ewwwwwwwww Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Did I ever mention that in elementary school my class dissected worms two or three times. I never touched the worm. I'm not sure how I managed. but I did. I didn't care what grade I got. if A+ equals touching the worm, well then...I'll take a C, please!
Then, My Dr Mr told me that he...just a second....he ATE a fried worm when his class dissected them. i contemplated never smooching him again. for a short while.




No comments:

Post a Comment