Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yummmmmmmy!!!

And today I would like to share the coffee adventures of "a" coworker (you won't know whose co-worker this is, because I'm being nifty and secretive!!!)

Let's call this co-worker Gertrude. It's her top-secret code name. You'll never crack this case!!!

Gertrude likes to drink cream or milk in her coffee every morning.

Just yesterday morning, as Gertrude and her co-workers (you'll never know who they are!!!!) were waiting for everyone to arrive, Gertrude said:

"This coffee just doesn't taste the same with butter."

This of course elicited gaping mouths and shocked stares from her (top-secret) co-workers.

"I thought I'd try it, since it's the same thing as milk or cream."

ummmmmm. or not.

One of Gertrude's co-workers may or may not (it's classified) have mentioned that butter is grease. That she just put grease in her coffee.

Another of Gertrude's co-workers joked that he had put bacon grease in his coffee that morning and that it was deeeeeeee-licious. (I have clearance to tell you that information)

So, I've been giggling (secretly) and imagining butter coffee all day. for two days, actually! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

P.S. this may or may not (it's classified) remind me of a time that a young junior high school student attempted to make peanut butter popcorn. This student thought she'd subsitute oil for the called-for corn syrup. She thought they were the same. And she made rock candy. and almost burned the house down. I think I read that in a classified report somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. hmmm... i think i read that classified "peanut butter popcorn" report as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I should laugh or gag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm... burned peanut butter/oil popcorn and butter coffee together! maybe "a coworker" should be told of certain popcorn recipe!

    ReplyDelete