Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daniellar the Grouch

What really happened:

Riiiiiiiiinnnnng. "Hello, this is Gerbert Bisquit" (that's an alter ego, in case you were wondering. "Gerbert" is pretty much a local celebrity. everyone on campus knows him. everyone. all of them. He's also pretty much the most adorable old man you've ever seen or known, ever.)

What Danielle heard:

Riiiiiiinnnnnng. "Hello, this is "Gerrbertt Baneofyourofficeexistence." (that's also an alter ego. Gerrbertt is an account rep for a large, anonymous shipping company that has purple as one of their colors. He recently found out about my existence. And now he's the bane of my office existence. He has a 50-page, redundant shipping trend report he wants to talk over with me in reeeeeeeeeediculous detail. so I avoid his calls. I do. But the important thing to note is that both Gerberts have the same first name, and while we're at it, the same first letter of their last name.)

What Danielle said:
"I'm pretty busy right now. (sounding professional, but with a tinge of irritation, too) Is this about that report??"

Gerbert: No...(sounding professional, as always, but maybe a little sad or something, too)I need to order blah blah blah, but I don't want to bother or interrupt you.

I apologized to him. I told him I thought he was the other Gerbert that wanted to read a 50-page report with me. I assured him I had plenty of time for Gerbert Biquit...just not Mr. Baneofmyexistence and his infernal report.

He was very polite, but I feel embarrassed!

2 comments:

  1. can you please insert previous said cute old biscuit in a pocket and steal him for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish you could see him!!! He's ever so proper and well spoken!

    ReplyDelete