Seeing your hubby get REALLY excited about what he does for a living. In the case of My Mr.-the piano.
All I had to do was put on the Prokofiev piano concerto CD (my orchestra is going to perform the 2nd concerto in a couple of weeks and I wanted to read my music with the CD) and Adam started wagging his tail so hard I thought he might fall over. And he might have, except he was driving. There's not far to fall when you're strapped into a seat, buckled in, and watching the road. Except he wasn't always watching the road. He was looking at my music an awful lot. I had to angle the music away from him so he couldn't try reading it and driving. But that didn't stop the tail waggage.
Adam: "Oh, this part is so cool!" "ooh, listen here!" "Man, this part is SO hard!"
Dani (with clarinet part in hand): Can we skip the 67-bar piano cadenza? I really want to see all of my part before we get to the store."
Adam: *fast forwarding the CD player*
Dani: "Is the cadenza almost over?"
Adam: "yeah, almost"
Dani: *3 minutes later* "NOW is it almost over??"
Adam: "This part is SO cool!"
Dani: *folding up music and putting on lap. this cadenza isn't going to be over any time soon*
But it doesn't matter. That huge, bigger-than-the-ocean-smile was worth sitting through all three (three!!!) cadenzas.
Baby Hats for my godson
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment