Friday, October 2, 2009

Sometimes it's fun...

To be a non-potty mouth in a world of potty mouths.

For example:
Today My Mr. and I went to QDoba on the Hill for lunch. I was at the table alone for a couple of minutes. Mostly I was far, far away in Danielley thought land, but every now and then little snippets of conversation from the neighboring table would float into my stream of consciousness.

In this case, the neighboring table was occupied by two college boys. They thought they were somethin' cool. Reeeeeeeeeal cool! They were flinging potty language around like confetti.

And I, being the snooty non-potty mouth that I am, can't help but laugh at such illiterate sounding, unimaginative language. Oh, and I like to imagine if you took it literally.

Here's something I heard one of them say:

"That food blows the s*%^# away!"

What does that mean, exactly?? I picture a pile of steaming doggie doo. Then I picture a gale force wind blowing it all over the sidewalk. Then I think, what kind of food could do that.? I don't know if that is supposed to mean the food is really good, or really bad, but I sure don't want any, thank you.

Here's another one:

"That food is cheap as f*%!#!!"

Now, I confess I don't know much about the red light district, or any of the services they offer. I don't know if they are cheap. I know I don't think of "F***" as being cheap. It's supposed to be private, and special, and not cheap. I guess that makes me an old fashioned granny, but oh well. If I had food that was as "cheap" as that, it would be very grand, expensive, special food. Not street food or fast food or cheap food.

Anyhow, is there some class all of these kids take to know when to insert words like "F***??" Because sometimes the way they use it, place it in a sentence, use it as an analogy, etc., well, it just doesn't make sense to me. I guess it's that grannie in me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment