Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm fine, actually.

The other day, as I was strolling through our apartment complex (we live in married student housing) I noticed a recently vacated apartment. There used to be banners and plants in the windows, and now the windows are bare, as is the apartment inside.
I had a tinge of jealousy! Vacated apartments in my complex usually mean that someone has graduated, finished school, and moved on to the next phase in life. Yes, that produced shades of green in me. We've been at this whole student thing for a looooong while now, and we still have a couple years to go. I can almost picture those former residents looking for a house in their new town, eager to start new jobs, learn where the grocery stores are, and make new friends.
Then, at the very height of my jealousy, I realized that, actually, I don't mind if we're here a while longer. I like it here. I like my apartment, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being in Colorado again, we're near family, I like my job, I'm in an orchestra, etc...etc...etc... The list really does go on and on and on. God has blessed us so richly here, and I want to focus on the here and now. It's just terribly hard to resist the beckoning of one's future!

No comments:

Post a Comment