Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Taking in the view

Today, during my lunch break, I went on a little walk. Campus is beautiful today. The sun is hot, but there is a delightful breeze to refresh you just as you are beginning to feel like you might wilt. The grass is beautifully manicured, and I just love the trees. Today brings me fresh air, trees, grass, flowers, and cheeks.
And when I say cheeks, I am not referring to the chubby, pink, adorable kiddo cheeks. Nor am I referring to chubby, fuzzy, adorable chipmunk cheeks stuffed with seeds. Unfortunately, I am begrudgingly referencing “southern” cheeks. And by southern, I don’t mean gumbo and magnolias. I mean low. Low cheeks. Anatomically low cheeks. Get it??
Yep, smack dab in the middle of my pleasant walk, which was going to end in a pleasant cookie (but that’s all I’m going to say about that), my eyes were accosted by the sight of a nude sunbather on Norlin Quad. Alright, upon closer inspection, there was a flesh-colored, barely-there G string bikini bottom, but the bikini top was missing.
Why do people think a university campus is Miami Beach? I never saw a “XXX Girls Girls Girls XXX” sign hanging anywhere as a warning! And I would have dearly liked a warning!
Here’s another sad, but amusing thing: the area where she was sunbathing had a mysterious-at-first-but-then-not-really-so-mysterious concentration of guys hanging around. Seriously, there were at least five or six guys sitting around “doing homework” and a group of unnecessarily jubilant male Frisbee players. There weren’t any girls. Funny, that!
Anyhow, I now strangely feel an urge to don Victorian garb. Modest, puritanical, ankle-to-chin Victorian garb.

No comments:

Post a Comment