Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I don't like this tomato...

Today, one of my student workers called in sick. He said he wasn't feeling well. He said he bought fish at the supermarket. We're both thinking food poisoning. So, I told him to stay home and feel better.
When my three other students arrived I explained the situation (oh, and names have been changed to protect the, um, the silly):
Danielle: "JimBob won't be in today. He bought fish at the supermarket and
he doesn't feel good."
Gordon: "What? That's a stupid reason to stay home!"
Millicent: "I don't know, I think staying home because of bad fish is a
good reason! Ick! I wonder where he bought the bad fish! I want to avoid that
place!"
Gordon: "Oh, he is sick? It was bad fish? I thought you meant that he
bought fish, and then felt bad about his purchase!"
Millicent and Danielle
(that's my real name, in case you didn't catch it):
"BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...AAAAAA...AAAAA"

Okay. Isn't that funny? And of course, knowing me, my imagination took this conversation and ran with it!!
"I bought this apple, but it's bruised. I feel bad about my purchase. I
think I'll call my boss. I just can't go to work now."

Yeah, Gordon, that would be a pretty stupid reason! A stupid reason, but a hIlarious one, all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment