Now today is the kind of day where I am continuously grateful to no longer have a customer service job.
I'm kinda sad today. and cranky. and I have a lot on my mind. And I'm stewing. and tired. and it's been very busy in here today.
My Mr. is also very busy, and when I think about his busy stuff, my head wants to explode, because he has an incredibly HUGE amount of details to work out right now! sometimes we both just have to take a step back and sigh a huge, lung-clearing sigh.
And I had the thought earlier...what if I felt this way and then had to go be a teller for eight hours?? Uggggggggggh!!
I certainly had to do that A LOT when I was a teller. Try to push icky, sad, or overwhelming thoughts down and force a smile on your face. and constantly have people scrutinizing you and calling you snotty if you don't look thrilled to see them. It's enough to put your stomach in a permanent knot. And it did.
So, today I'm thankful for my back-office, gollumtastic job. It's still been more people than I want to deal with today, and I've come close to growling at a couple of them a few times. In fact, I looked like this, I'm sure, when people came to my office NOT during store hours:

And while I'm grateful for my cave job today, at the same time...I'm hopeful and longing that I won't have to do this much longer. Not because it's not a good job, but because I'm ready for this season of my life to be through...
So, make haste, universities and colleges!! send interview letters to my Mr!!
PLLLLLEAAAAASE!?!?

No comments:
Post a Comment